Thursday, January 19, 2017

Finished Octave Violin


 It is finished!

At least, it is finished until I mess with it some more. Normal people, if they aren't satisfied with their sound, practice more. I tend to get out the Exacto knives and chip away at something.
\

It could stand another few coats of varnish.


It is so easy to play, and so much fun -- that much bass power under the chin is likely to go to one's head! I tried it as a viola and didn't like it nearly as well; besides, it didn't seem worth learning a whole new clef just to go one string deeper.


In time, I will fit the rosewood pegs from the fitting set. The chinrest needs some tweaking to be comfortable, though, so I'm playing it bare.


The only issue is a certain buzz at several frequencies. I am going to diligently ignore it for now, because I suspect it is a loose lining because I mixed my glue too weakly when gluing up the body. One day I will therefore have to open up the body and figure it out. Today is not that day. Today it's time to play!


No comments:

Post a Comment